THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill Presents a PENFOLDS Australian Wine Dinner June 29
InterContinental Hong Kong’s celebrated STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill is hosting a Wine Dinner on June 29 with Penfolds, one of Australia’s oldest wineries, showcasing six wines paired with a 5-course menu (HK$1,800 + 10% service per person). Ewan Proctor, Penfolds Ambassador, Greater China, will be introducing the wines which include the 2014 RWT Barossa Shiraz which Wine Spectator awarded 93 points, the 2010 Grange which received 98 points from Wine Spectator and the 2008 Cellar Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, which is a back vintage.
The June 29 dinner will showcase the diversity of wines produced by Penfolds including:
· 2016 KOONUNGA HILL 76 AUTUMN RIESLING
· 2012 YATTARNA CHARDONNAY
· 2014 RWT BAROSSA SHIRAZ (which Wine Spectator awarded 93 points)
· 2008 CELLAR RESERVE CABERNET SAUVIGNON (which is a back vintage)
· 2010 GRANGE (which Wine Spectator awarded 98 points)
Penfolds Grange is an Australian icon - a heritage-listed wine protected by the National Trust of South Australia. It captures both a sense of place and the essence of Australian agricultural ingenuity and innovation.
· GRANDFATHER PORT (This limited edition will be served in a special Penfolds port glass.)
The 5-course menu by STEAK HOUSE Chef Chiu-Ming Chan includes:
· Warm Seafood Salad (King Prawn, Scallop & Blue Mussel With Basil Olive Oil)
· Cream of Champagne & Australian Orange Carrot
· French Chicken Breast Saltimbocca with White Asparagus
· Charcoal Grilled U.S. Rib Eye Cap Meat & Wagyu Beef Cheek “Bourguignon Style”, served with Garlic Broccoli & Banana Shallot
· Sacher Chocolate Cake with Crispy Praline Glaze & Roasted Hazelnuts
Please click here for the Penfolds Wine Dinner Menu.
To reserve a table for the Penfolds Wine Dinner on June 29, please contact our Restaurant Reservations Centre at Tel: 2313 2323 or E-mail: email@example.com.
Penfolds was originally founded in Adelaide, Australia in 1844 by Christopher Rawson Penfold, an English physician who immigrated to Australia, and his wife Mary Penfold. It is currently part of Treasury Wine Estates. Peter Gago has been the chief winemaker since 2002.
Penfolds vineyards are located primarily in South Australia on prime land throughout the state’s most esteemed regions. The reputation, history and development of Penfolds wines is interwoven with the quality and individual character of company-owned and independently grown vineyards.
The Penfolds Collection displays the distinctive and recognisable Penfolds 'House Style' – the ultimate expression of its time-honoured tradition of sourcing the best fruit from the best regions. The wines ably demonstrate Penfolds expertise with single and multi-regional blending, making wines to style and pursuing the highest of quality benchmarks.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
Saturday / Sunday
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org