“KYOTO TWIST” Gala Dinners with World Famous Chef Nobu Matsuhisa May 17 & 18
World famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa returns to NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong on May 17 & 18 for two Gala Dinners to launch Episode 3 of NOBU’S GOURMET TOUR 2017.
Throughout the year Executive Chef Sean Mell and NOBU Executive Sushi Chef Kazunari Araki are guiding food lovers through Japan’s prefectures. The culinary journey began in Okinawa in the southern region in January /February, and then headed north to Kyushu in March/ April. Now the gourmet tour continues in Kyoto - showcasing seasonal, regional products as the inspiration for their imaginative dishes.
In 2017, NOBU’S GOURMET TOUR OF JAPAN is showcasing six regions:
• Okinawa Farm (January – February 2017)
• Kyushu Hanami (March – April 2017)
• Kyoto Twist (May – June 2017)
• Like Kobe, Love Wagyu (July – August 2017)
• Harvest in Aomori (September - October 2017)
• Hokkaido is Here (November – December 2017)
From May 17 – June 25, Kyoto, renowned for its rich traditions, abundance of fresh ingredients and delicious cuisine serves as the inspiration for NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong’s “Kyoto Twist:” menu.
“Kaiseki” cuisine, known as Japan’s haute cuisine, has a rich history spanning centuries. It is based on creating the perfect balance of taste, texture, appearance and colour of ingredients, over a multi-course meal.
The culinary tradition of Kaiseki is acclaimed for its tasting courses, showcasing the perfection of preparation and elegant presentation. Kaiseki traditionally presents each dish with stark simplicity around natural themes that highlight the superior quality of seasonal ingredients. Every ingredient must be selected at its height of freshness and then carefully prepared to showcase its true flavour.
NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong Executive Chef Sean Mell and Executive Sushi Chef Kazunari Araki have taken a modern and innovative approach to traditional “Kaiseki” with the NOBU “Kyoto Twist” Menu – still focusing on the use of superior quality of fresh seasonal ingredients and exquisite presentation – yet incorporating NOBU’s new style cuisine.
The “Kyoto Twist” Culinary Journey will launch on May 17 & 18 with two Gala Dinners with world famous chef Nobu-san. The special menu will then be available through June 25.
The 8-course Gala Dinner Omakase Menu is HK$1,488 per person.
A 6-Course Lunch Omakase Menu will also be available at HK$888 per person
The “Kyoto Twist” Gala Dinner Menu features:
- Yuba Santen Mori (Bean Curd Sheet Sampler)
Tiradito Caviar /Toro-Yuba (Creamy Bean Curd Sheet / Uni Sashimi / Taraba-Kani Maki (King Crab Roll) Matcha
- New Style Hamo (Pike Conger) with Yuzu Kama
- Fried Chiayu (Sweet Baby Fish) / Takenoko (Bamboo Shoot) with Kinome Miso / Termari Sushi (round sushi)
- Simmered Awabi (Abalone) with Mountain Vegetables
- Nobu’s signature Black Cod Saikyo Yaki
- A5 Japanese Wagyu with Wasabi Salsa
- Sansai Takikomi Gohan (Vegetable Stone Rice), with Ko No Mono (Cold Simmered Vegetables)
- Clear Soup
- Jade Blush Matcha, with Yuba and Kuromame
Exclusive Hokusetsu Sake Selections: (Sake Pairing is an additional HK$500 per person)
- Sado No Kiryouyoshi Junmai Ginjo
- NOBU The Sake Daiginjo TK40
- Hokusettsu Koshitanrei Junmai Centrifuged Nama Genshu (This is limited label sake freshly made by Hokusetsu brewery and only available in the 2nd quarter 2017.)
Click here for the “Kyoto Twist” Gala Dinner Omakase Menu.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
Saturday and Sunday
NOBU Bar Lounge:
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : email@example.com