NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong’s Gourmet Tour of Japan 2017
The Culinary Journey Continues with Episode 2:
March 7 - April 30
NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong’s GOURMET TOUR OF JAPAN continues in March – April with a culinary showcase of Kyushu.
Throughout the year Executive Chef Sean Mell and NOBU Executive Sushi Chef Kazunari Araki are guiding food lovers through Japan’s prefectures – having started in Okinawa in the southern region in January and February, now heading north with the harvest to showcase seasonal, regional products as the inspiration for their imaginative dishes along the culinary journey.
In 2017, NOBU’S GOURMET TOUR OF JAPAN will showcase six regions:
- Okinawa Farm (January - February 2017)
- Kyushu Hanami (March - April 2017)
- Kyoto Twist (May - June 2017)
- Like Kobe, Love Wagyu (July - August 2017)
- Harvest in Aomori (September - October 2017)
- Hokkaido is Here (November - December 2017)
The culinary journey continues from March 7 through April 30 showcasing seasonal items from Kyushi with the theme of Hanami, a traditional Japanese custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers in springtime, especially during the Sakura (cherry blossom) season which usually begins in March.
In NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong’s Gourmet Tour, Episode 2, entitled “Kyushu Hanami”, Executive Chef Sean and Executive Sushi Chef Kazunari Araki are using seasonal products from Kyushu’s seven prefectures (Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki and Kagoshima) to create innovative NOBU dishes with floral notes and springtime elements.
- Products from the Sea: Tachiuo (Belly fish from Oita), Ishidai (Striped Beakfish from Fukuoka), Ika (Squid from Fukuoka), Akahata (Red Grouper from Fukuoka) Buri (Yellowtail from Nagasaki) Kibinago (Silver-Stripe Round Herring from Kagoshima)
- Farmed Products: Wagyu (from Miyazaki) and Kurobuta Pork (from Kagoshima)
- Fruit & Vegetables: Mango, White Eggplant and Bamboo Shoot Yum (from Miyazaki) Amao Strawberries (from Fukuoka)
At lunchtime, enjoy the following options:
- a 6-Course Lunch Omakase Menu at HK$658 per person (Including 2 cold and 2 hot dishes, sushi and dessert using Kyushu ingredients)
- a “Kyushu Food Kiosk” with a selection of Kyushu seasonal dishes ranging from HK$368 to HK$498
- Donburi and Ramen set lunch options using Kyushu ingredients
At dinnertime, Nobu presents an 8-Course Dinner Omakase Menu at HK$1,488 per person (with the menu changing according to the availability of the Kyushu seasonal ingredients).
Exclusive Hokusetsu Sake Selections
- Hokusetsu Junmai Daiginjo Gohyakumangoku Nama Sake: This is a limited label sake freshly made by Hokusetsu brewery and only available in March.
- Hokusetsu Junmai Daiginjo Koshitanrei Centrifuged Nama Genshu: This is limited label sake freshly made by Hokusetsu brewery and only available in the 2nd quarter 2017.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
Saturday and Sunday
NOBU Bar Lounge:
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : email@example.com