DISCOVER THE FRUIT OF THE VINE THIS NOVEMBER with Acclaimed Winemakers Christophe Bichot of MAISON ALBERT BICHOT @ NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong (November 3) and Bruce Cakebread of CAKEBREAD CELLARS @ THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill (November 4)
For exceptional wine, paired with superb cuisine, reserve a table at InterContinental Hong Kong’s celebrated restaurants for its Winemaker Dinners in early November.
On November 3, NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong welcomes Christophe Bichot, the sixth generation owner of Maison Albert Bichot in Burgundy, France for an 8-course Omakase dinner with a wine pairing option inclusive of six wines.
On November 4, Bruce Cakebread, the second generation owner of Napa Valley’s Cakebread Cellars, will present six of his wines over a 4-course set dinner at THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill.
NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong Presents
an Albert Bichot Winemaker Dinner
On November 3, NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong welcomes celebrated winemaker Christophe Bichot, who is the sixth generation owner of Maison Albert Bichot in Burgundy, France.
Enjoy an 8-course Omakase dinner menu at HK$1,288 + 10% service per person, with a wine pairing option, inclusive of six Albert Bichot wines for an additional HK$300 + 10% service per person.
Mr. Christophe Bichot will showcase six of his celebrated wines including one sparkling, three whites and two reds, innovatively paired with a creative 8-course Omakase menu by our NOBU Executive Chef Sean Mell and Executive Sushi Chef Kazunari Aaraki, whose dishes highlight the wines’ unique characteristics and demonstrate the diversity of Nobu cooking styles in harmony with seasonal ingredients.
The highlight of the Albert Bichot Winemaker dinner will be Monopole Vineyard, Chablis Grand Cru, La Moutonne 2014. Monopole Vineyard, which is owned by Albert Bichot winery, is surrounded by seven Grand Cru regions. Considering the quality of this premium wine, the Monopole vineyard has high potential to become the 8th Grand Cru in Burgundy.
Showcased wines include:
- ALBERT BICHOT, POUILLY FUISSE 2014
- ALBERT BICHOT CRÉMANT DE BOURGONGNE BURT BLANC DE BLANCS, "PURE"
- DOMAINE LONG-DEPAQUIT, CHABLIS GRAND CRU "LA MOUTONNE" MONOPOLE 2014
- DOMAINE DU PAVILLON, MEURSAULT PREMIUM CRU "LES CHARMES" 2013
- DOMAINE DU PAVILLON, POMMARD "CLOS DES URSULINES" MONOPOLE 2013
- ALBERT BICHOT, LATRICIERES CHAMBERTIN GRAND CRU 2006
- The 8-course NOBU Omakase Menu features:
- Cooked Oyster Santen Mori, Komomo, Kaki & Berry Sauce
- Akamutsu Takaki, Truffle Teriyaki - Kinmedai Sashimi, Kinome Miso – Hirame Tiradito
- Oven-roasted Quail, Truffle Gomma Sauce
- Uni & White Fish Tempura, Ama Ponzu
- Japanese Pork Belly, Shiso Salsa
- Sushi Assortment
- Clear Soup
- Iced Fig Marshmellow, Pinot Noir Gelée, Port Balsamic Reduction, Goat Cheese Ice-Cream
Please click here for the complete menu.
About Albert Bichot Vineyards
The renowned house Albert Bichot reflects six generations of experience, with four owned domains in the four core areas of Burgundy, spanning 100 hectares of land, bordering the Grand Cru regions.
Beaune + Bichot = Burgundy. This equation summarises what the Southern wine metropolis of the Côte d’Or has in common with one of the enterprises with the longest tradition: Burgundy. Since 1831, when Bernard Bichot founded the business in the small town of Monthélie, south of Beaune, five generations have given their all to expand its Burgundy competence. Christophe Bichot, who has managed the company’s export business since 2001, represents the sixth generation.
THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill presents a
Cakebread Cellars Winemaker Dinner
THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill welcomes Bruce Cakebread, the President & COO of Cakebread Cellars in Napa Valley, California for a winemaker dinner on Friday, November 4. The 4-course set menu by STEAK HOUSE Chef Chiu Ming Chan is paired with six Cakehouse wines at HK$1,888 + 10% service per person.
- Bruce Cakebread will introduce his family’s wines, including:
- CAKEBREAD SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014
- CAKEBREAD CHARDONNAY RESERVE 2013
- CAKEBREAD ANDERSON VALLEY PINOT NOIR 2013
- CAKEBREAD DANCING BEAR RANCH CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2008
- CAKEBREAD BENCHLANDS CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2008
- CAKEBREAD CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2012
- The 4-course menu features:
- Hokkaido Scallops, Yuzu Pearls & Cocktail Dressing
- French Jumbo Quail, Duck Lasagna, Confit Garlic
- Roasted US Beef Wellington, Thick Cut Applewood Bacon
Parsnip Purée, Pommery Mustard Jus
- A.O.C Cheese Platter
Pear Mustard, Artisanal Bread & Dried Fruit
Please click here for the complete menu.
About Cakebread Cellars
Since its founding in 1973 by Jack and Dolores, Cakebread Cellars has been famous for its warm, gracious hospitality and unmatched wines. With 40 harvests under its belt and the second generation of the Cakebread family now running the winery, Cakebread Cellars has become one of the most successful and respected wineries in America.
After working alongside his father since the winery was founded in 1973, Bruce Cakebread assumed the winemaking position in 1979, overseeing all vineyard operations and winemaking duties until 2002 when he became president and COO.
Discussing the Cakebread family’s philosophy of winemaking over the past four decades, Bruce says, “We are very fortunate to have an excellent collection of vineyards and have worked alongside some of the best growers in Napa Valley for many years to produce consistently high quality wines. These great vineyards, plus the fact that we have had only three winemakers over these forty years, allows us to produce consistency in quality and our balanced style of elegant and complex wines...”.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : email@example.com