Château Pape Clément Grand Cru Classé Wine Dinner at THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill
InterContinental Hong Kong’s celebrated THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill, which has just been awarded the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator Magazine for the 7th consecutive year, is hosting a wine dinner on September 7 with Château Pape Clément, one of the Grand Cru Classé Wines in Bordeaux, France. The 4-course menu by THE STEAK HOUSE Chef Chiu Ming Chan, paired with six Grand Cru wines by Château Pape Clément, is HK$1,688 + 10% service per person.
Château Pape Clément is one of the oldest Grand Crus of Bordeaux with a history dating back to the 12th century. The Estate took its name from its most famous owner, Bertrand de Goth, the Archbishop of Bordeaux who became Pope Clement V in 1305. In the 1980s, entrepreneur Bernard Magrez took over the Château and has since built an unprecedented international reputation for this Grand Cru Classé wine.
From the Pessac-Léognan appellation, Château Pape Clément is ranked among the Crus Classés for red and white wine in the Classification of Graves wine in 1959. It is the oldest wine estate in Bordeaux. (In 2006 it marked the harvesting of its 700th vintage.). The winery and vineyards are located in the commune of Pessac, south-west of the city of Bordeaux.
At the September 7 wine dinner, Augustin Deschamps, Director of Development for Château Pape Clément, will be at THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill to personally introduce Château Pape Clément, one of the dynamic Grands Crus Classés from Bordeaux, along with Tour Carnet, Fombrauge and Clos Haut, which are also owned by Bernard Magrez.
These estates represent the exciting category of top Bordeaux wines which are strongly anchored in history and the terroir’s expression, while also being dedicated to innovations in techniques as well as in marketing.
Showcased Château Pape Clement wines include:
- Lallier Grand Cru Grand Reserve NV (served during the welcome reception)
- Château Pape Clement Blanc Cru Classe Pessac Leognan 2012 (served with the first appetizer)
- Clementin Rouge Pessac Leognan 2010 (served with the Pan-seared Duck Breast)
- Chateau Pape Clement Cru Classe Pessac Leognan 2008 &
- Chateau Pape Clement Cru Classe Pessac Leognan 1988 (served with the main course of chargrilled US Tenderloin)
- Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey De Sauternes 2011 (served with Executive Pastry Chef Cyril Dupuis’ Mango Passion Fruit dessert)
Chef Chiu Ming Chan’s 4-course menu features:
- Air-dried Fresh Spanish Salmon, Siberian Caviar & Burrata Cheese Salad
- Pan-seared Duck Breast with Cherry Reduction
- U.S. Beef Tenderloin, Mushy Peas with Chopped Shallow Boiled Eggs & Truffle Jus
- Roasted Mango, Passion Fruit with Crumble and Exotic Fruit
Don’t miss this opportunity to taste these exceptional Grand Cru wines beautifully paired with a special menu at THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill.
Click here for the special Château Pape Clément Wine Dinner Menu.
THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill is open daily for dinner and on Saturdays and Sundays for lunch.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
Saturday / Sunday
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : email@example.com