THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill Presents a Dinner with Spanish Winery VEGA SICILIA
On July 21, InterContinental Hong Kong’s celebrated THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill is hosting a Wine Dinner showcasing six Vega Sicilia Wines from Vega Sicilia in Northern Spain, paired with a 5-course menu by Chef Chan Chiu Ming (at HK$1,988 + 10% service per person).
The evening begins with a reception in THE STEAK HOUSE winebar showcasing Oremus Tokaji, Dry, Mandolás, Hungary 2013, which is under the Vega Sicilia family of wines.
Featured wines during the dinner include:
- Bodegas Pintia, Cosecha, Toro, Spain 2010
- Valbuena 2008
- Unico 2004
- Unico 1999
- Tokaji Oremus Eszencia 2003
Chef Chiu Ming Chan has created a 5-course menu that combines Spanish influences with
THE STEAK HOUSE’s signature US chargrilled specialties. The menu includes:
- Tapas Platter (Smoked Salmon Bruschetta, Serrano Ham, Chargrilled Peppers, Zucchi, Mushrooms & Olives)
- Sautéed Prawns & Iberico Chorizo
- Buffalo Tomato Soup, Lump Crab
- US Beef Striploin Top with Cabernet Sauce, French Beans & Roasted Potatoes with Herbs
- Vanilla Catalan Cream Caramelized
Please click here for THE STEAK HOUSE Vega Sicilia Wine Dinner Menu.
About Vega Sicilia Winery
Bodegas Vega Sicilia is located in Valladolid, Castilla y León in Northern Spain. Vega Sicilia wine is acclaimed as one of the most notable Spanish wines. The winery was founded in 1864 by Don Eloy Lecanda y Chaves, who planted various grapes from France’s Bordeaux wine region including Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot which are still used in the wines today.
Since 1982, the winery has been owned by the Álvarez family. Vega Sicilia wines are recognised globally as some of the world’s finest and most valued red wines.
Many of Vega Sicilia's 250 acres are planted with old vines, some more than 100 years old. As such, they usually produce a very low yield during harvest. In fact, many of the plantings that go into the flagship Unico wines are often harvested at less than one ton per acre.
Vega Sicilia is noted for its patience in winemaking and willingness to hold onto its inventory and age its wine in the barrel and bottle for many years until the wine meet the discerning style of the winemaker. Depending on the vintage, the wine could be held by Vega Sicilia for decades until it is released.
Vega Sicilia’s wines include:
- Unico – This Grand Reserve wine is the signature wine of Vega Sicilia. It is usually released 10 years after the vintage, though some bottlings may not be released for up to 15 years or even longer. Taken from some of the oldest vines in the Ribera del Duero, the wine is mainly Tempranillo (approximately 80% but depending on vintage) and Cabernet Sauvignon (approximately 20%). In an average vintage, Unico will account for a little less than a third of Vega Sicilia's production.
- Valbuena 5° – The 5° indicates that this wine has been aged for five years prior to release. The wine is composed mostly of Tempranillo, with Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- In 1991, the Alvarez family established Alión winery next door to Vega Sicilia with the aim of producing more modern style Tinto Fino red wines that are aged in new French oak barrels. In 1997, the family established the Pintía winery in the nearby Toro wine region. It also owns a Tokaj Oremus winery in Hungary.
At the July 21 Wine Dinner, guests will have the opportunity to sample six different wines and vintages from the Vega Sicilia family of vineyards in Spain and Hungary.
THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill is open daily for dinner and on Saturdays and Sundays for a Semi-Buffet Lunch.
Reservations and Enquiries
For further information and restaurant reservations, please contact:
Restaurant Reservations Centre
Tel: +852 2313 2323
Saturday / Sunday
For further press information, please contact:
Carole L Klein
Executive Director of PR & Communications
InterContinental Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2313 2335
Fax : (852) 2721 5964
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org