The privacy and security of your information is very important to us. We want you to trust that the information that you have provided to us for our services ("Services") is being properly managed and protected.
We have prepared this Privacy Statement to explain more about who we are and how we collect and manage your information.
Who we are
This Privacy Statement is issued by InterContinental Hong Kong (referred to as “ICHK”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Statement).
The information we collect and how we collect it
In providing our Services, we collect, store and use the following information relating to you:
- Personal Data: data relating directly or indirectly to you from which we can identify you, such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, birthday, anniversary as well as information generated through your use of the Services, such as details of your purchases and other transaction information
- Non-personal Data: information that relates to you but from which we cannot directly or indirectly identify you
- Location Data: information we collect regarding your location (when you use a location-enabled service)
We may collect your information from your use of any of our Services, whether you provide it via our web site or mobile applications, over the phone, at our hotel or restaurant or otherwise, including when you:
- make an enquiry
- book a hotel room
- make a restaurant booking
- are a member of our ICHK Dining Club
- make a purchase on our e-Shop
- request to receive our hotel enewsetters and hotel communications
- enter into one of our competitions or sweepstakes
- submit a comment card
How we use your information
We will collect information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you
- for customer service, support, security, fraud-detection, archival and back-up purposes in connection with the provision of our Services
- for sending you direct marketing offering or advertising our products and Services and/or the products and services of selected third parties (we will not use your Personal Data for this purpose unless you have given us your consent to do so)
- to better understand how you access and use our Services, and for the purposes of trying to improve our Services and to respond to customer desires and preferences
- as required by or under any law or regulation applicable to us or any of our affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) or at the request or direction of any regulator, law enforcement agent or other official (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere)
- for running and administering competitions, sweepstakes or other features
How we share your information
- We may share your information within our group of companies and to third party service providers, contractors and agents for any of the purposes set out in the "How we use your information" section. These third parties may be located, and use and store your information, outside of your jurisdiction for these purposes.
- As we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliate companies may be acquired by a third party or re-organise our group structure. In these circumstances, it may be the case that your information is transferred within our group and/or transferred to a third party who will continue to operate our Services or similar services under either this Privacy Statement or a different privacy statement which will be notified to you. The party to which your information is transferred may be located, and use your information, outside of your jurisdiction.
Third party cookies
We use a number of third party service providers to help us manage, carry out and improve our advertising. These parties may set cookies at our direction to help us collect information and provide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. In some instances these third parties may also assist us by providing certain statistical and analytics information in relation to our marketing practices. We also may share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with third parties to use for their own analytics and marketing purposes.
Managing cookies and opting out: You can choose to visit our websites without cookies, but in some cases certain services, features and functionality may not be available. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Location Information and Services
We may receive information about your location during the course of and for the purpose of providing you Services through your use of our websites and mobile applications. For example, if you are using our mobile applications and have consented to sharing your location information with us, this information might be collected through GPS or Bluetooth technologies to enable us to provide certain services to you such as customised offers and promotions. In addition to your use of our websites and mobile applications, we may also receive location information from wireless networks or cellular towers in proximity to your mobile device, through your Internet protocol (“IP”) address or through your use of other services we provide at our hotels, such as wireless Internet services. We may also have access to location information that you provide to us through your use of social media, such as when you “tweet” your location. Your location preferences can be set or modified at the device level or through modifying your settings with the relevant social media platform.
We receive information about you when you use our mobile application. Some information such as your device manufacturer and type are collected automatically, while other information is only collected if you choose to provide it, such as your location information. Where we process and use your Personal Data in connection with any mobile applications, we will do this in line with the general principles outlined in this Statement unless we tell you otherwise.
If you use our ICHK Dining Club mobile app, we also send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We may use various social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button on our websites and mobile applications. Certain information may be shared or otherwise provided to us through your use of these features in conjunction with our services and programmes. Subject to your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these social media platforms whether or not you are using one of our services. In some instances, depending on the circumstances, we may contact you on these social media platforms. The information you post on social media sites as well as the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the respective policies of these third parties.
How we secure your information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us. To do this, technical, physical and organisational security measures are put in place to protect against any unauthorised access, disclosure, damage or loss of your information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure, however, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information.
Managing your preferences and information
We want to ensure that you have the necessary tools at your disposal to control the information that you provide to us, including how we communicate with you. It is also important that you contact us to update your information if any of it is inaccurate or changes.
Through the provision of Services, we and in some instances our third-party partners and service providers, may communicate with you in relation to a reservation, as a member of any of our ICHK Dining Club programme or to support any other services that we provide.
Please be aware that unsubscribing from one type of communication may not unsubscribe you from another type. Likewise, unsubscribing from our communications may not mean that you are unsubscribed from certain communications carried out independently by IHG or our Third Party Service Providers.
Links to Other Sites
Our websites and applications may contain links to websites that are maintained and/or controlled by third parties. In some instances these websites may be co-branded and display our logos or other trademarks. You can always tell whether you are on one of our websites by checking the uniform record locator (“URL”) on the page that you are visiting. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not intentionally solicit or collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18. If we are notified or otherwise discover that a minor’s Personal Data has been improperly collected, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. In limited instances, we may have a campaign or programme targeted towards children. In these instances details on the information practices will be presented within the terms and conditions of the programme or campaign.
How to contact us
You have the right to request access to and the correction of Personal Data that we hold about you, which requests will be reviewed and processed in accordance with applicable law. If you would like to exercise these rights or you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or our data privacy practices, please contact us:
Sales & Marketing Support Manager
InterContinental Hong Kong,
18 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
E-mail: email@example.com / Tel: (852) 2721 1211
Changes to this Privacy Statement
In some instances, we may have to change, modify or amend this Privacy Statement in order to comply with the evolving regulatory environment or the needs of our business. Subject to any applicable legal requirements to provide additional notice, any changes to this Privacy Statement will be communicated through our websites and mobile applications. However, if there will be changes made to the use of your Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you by posting a notice on our website for 30 days prior to the changes taking effect.